Denver Car Accident Lawyer
Have you been hurt in a car crash in Denver? You’re in good company. Unfortunately, there are tens of thousands of car accidents in Denver every single year. While some are lucky enough to walk away without any injuries, others are left with serious or catastrophic injuries. Don’t wait for the at-fault driver’s insurance company to do the right thing and pay what they owe you—that’s not how they make their money. Instead, advocate for yourself by connecting with a car accident lawyer in Denver.
Common Causes of Car Accidents in Denver
Finding out what caused your accident can help you make sense of what’s happened. Additionally, it can help you determine liability and start your search for compensation. The Colorado Department of Transportation maintains data each year on what contributing factors lead to a collision. While some are due to weather or road conditions, most are related to human error. Some of the most common contributing factors for 2019, the most recent year of data, include:
- Distracted by phone, radio, or passenger
- Driving while impaired
- Emotionally upset while driving
- Unfamiliarity with area
- Aggressive driving
- Inexperienced driver
- Fatigued driving
When these factors are present, it is all too easy for drivers to make a wide variety of mistakes. These include:
- Failing to yield right of way
- Following too closely
- Unsafe turns and lane changes
- Ignoring signs and traffic signals
- Drifting in and out of lane
- Misjudging distance or speed
Steps to Take After a Car Accident
Making the right decisions in the minutes and hours after a car accident can protect your physical health and your right to seek compensation. To make the most of this time, we recommend:
- Calling the police: Whether you call 911 or the non-emergency line, you’ll want to alert the Denver Police Department. They can send an officer to the scene, as well as any other necessary emergency personnel.
- Exchanging contact information: You and the other driver should exchange contact and insurance information. If they give you any trouble about it, ask the police officer to facilitate the exchange.
- Gathering evidence: Much of the evidence at the scene of a crash will be gone the next time you drive past the scene. Use this time to take photos and video footage of the crash, photos of your injuries, and photos of any other damaged property. If anyone stopped to provide assistance, get their contact information at this time.
- Seeking medical care: Head to a local facility to get checked over for injuries. Local options include Denver Health Downtown Urgent Care, AFC Urgent Care in multiple Denver locations, and Denver Health Emergency Department. Even if you feel fine, make this a priority. Some issues are not immediately visible.
- Talking to a Denver car accident lawyer: The team at Colorado Accident Attorneys is ready to talk to you about your options whenever you are. We’ll help you understand your legal options and move forward with a personal injury claim.
How Our Denver Car Accident Attorneys Can Help You
Why do you need a lawyer after a car accident? It’s simple: the liable party’s insurance company is not on your side. They want to maximize their profits, and that means paying as little as possible at every single opportunity. They don’t care if this means that you don’t have the money you lost in medical bills or wages—so it’s up to you to advocate for yourself.
At Colorado Accident Attorneys, we know how a serious car accident can turn your life upside down. We also know how much worse it can get when the insurance company starts manipulating you and making it impossible to get a fair settlement. Our team’s experience in personal injury law gives us the skills and knowledge needed to hold the insurance company accountable in negotiations. During negotiations, we’ll present the strongest case possible and show them exactly why they have to pay you a full and fair settlement. If they refuse to negotiate fairly, we’re more than ready to go to court.
This may easily be one of the most stressful times of your life, so don’t go through it alone. Let us help.
Contact Our Team Today and Fight for the Compensation You Deserve
The sooner you connect with a Denver auto accident lawyer at Colorado Accident Attorneys, the sooner we can start on your personal injury claim. Set up your free consultation right away by contacting us online or calling us at 303-567-7981.